Fun plans this weekend? We’re moving to a new neighborhood, but it should be relatively easy as we’re going from one furnished place to another. However I still have to pack up all my kitchen items, which have accumulated with the wedding and six months of lots of cooking, which will probably take a whole day by itself. Yikes.
I’m working on another wedding recap post, but wanted to share some of my favorite things of late. Perhaps some Christmas gift inspiration?
Have a cozy weekend! xo
1. This lululemon top is everything. I snagged it on sale online, and am kind of in love. The detail of the back is beautiful, and I love the length and flowiness of the front. Great sale price, too!
2. Naughty elf on the shelf. Hardly for the faint of heart, but absolutely hilarious. I just told Joshua the other day that I want an elf on the shelf as our first holiday tradition as a married couple, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Now he does.
4. I don’t know what rock I was hiding under but I finally discovered Serial a couple of weeks ago and listened to all the podcasts in a few days, only to find that they were taking a break for Thanksgiving, which basically crushed my soul. Needless to say, I was elated when the latest episode was released yesterday!
5. I ordered these ankle boots hoping they’d be a stylish and viable option for walking around in Italy, and though I wasn’t able to walk in them all day every day, they were definitely the most comfortable booties I’ve tried. I’m wearing them a ton around town and love pairing them with skinny jeans or tights and dresses or rompers.
6. I’ve made these Peanut Butter Jam Bars several times in the last month or so and loooove them. And because they are vegan and have oats I have no qualms about calling them breakfast.
7. McConnell’s Peppermint Stick ice cream is basically Christmastime in a dessert to me. I’ve loved peppermint ice cream since I was a kid (Publix brand was the best back then), but I especially love this grass-fed milk & cream version.
8. Firefly Lane. I think this recommendation came from Jessica a while back, but I finally ordered it and can’t put it down. Seriously, it’s been keeping me up until 2am, which I end up regretting every morning. But it’s just SO GOOD.
9. Sunchokes are my new favorite vegetable. They count as a vegetable, right? Anyway, I toss them with oil, salt, and pepper, and then roast them at 425 degrees until they’re all caramelized on the outside and bursting with flavor on the inside. The flavor is reminiscent of artichoke hearts and potatoes, and they make an excellent side for roast chicken or salmon.
10. Thomas Keller’s seven yolk pasta dough. The French Laundry cookbook has been collecting dust on our coffee table for over a year – the recipes are so beautiful but have a million steps apiece – so I was cautiously optimistic when I found his recipe for pasta dough. It did take an hour of kneading to come together, but the results were incredible: smooth, silky, supple pasta dough for some of the best pappardelle I’ve ever tasted. We’ll be making it again soon for lobster ravioli!